Sunday, April 6, 2014

Norwegian Svele




I was searching for breakfast idea around the web and came across these Norwegian pancakes or svele. I had to try them out to see the difference but I came across a problem - salt of hartshorn (rising agent). OK, I said, I used baking powder instead. So, in my opinion svele has a lot of resemblance with American pancakes and you can serve them with anything you have...sweet or salty, just like pancakes.


Ingredients for Norwegian Svele

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • a little bit of oil




Method
Mix all the ingredients listed above instead oil and fry on the lightly oiled frying pan. Every svele is a tablespoon full of batter put on the frying pan and turned over to be fried on the both sides. I have served the sveles with Nutella (off course :-) ), homemade jelly, cinnamon and powdered sugar, and cheese (as salty ones). Great breakfast - I say!