Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pork Julienne Cuts in Sauce


What a nice day to prepare a quick lunch and go outside to spend the rest of the day strolling and enjoying the spring sunshine. As I thought about spring, I've got the urge to take out something fresh and green from my refrigerator to include in my lunch creation. I've found a leek and a green salad. Just perfect... Now I can start my magic around the kitchen. 


Ingredients

  • 1 pound of pork meat
  • 1/2 of leek
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 tbsp of butter
  • 1 glass of water
  • 1 tsp of curcuma (turmeric)
  • 2 tsp of salt
  • a pinch of pepper
  • 1 tbsp of flour
Method
Cut the pork meat into julienne, add the chopped leek, the garlic cloves and butter. Stew it on the medium heat for a few minutes until the water evaporates. Add the seasons and the glass of water. Leave it covered to boil slowly until you make mash potatoes.


About 10 minutes later add the flour and stir it for a minute. The dish is ready to be served.


Off course, the mash potatoes must be prepared at the same time. A little bit of green salad on the side not to be forgotten!