Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Surprise Muffins


The perfect dessert after any meal is a quick and easy one with a few ingredients. Until my lunch is cooking, and my children away... I have some time to prepare something sweet for a great afternoon. Off course, the dessert doesn't always match everyone's taste, but it's good as long as we have it on the table. As the time is always in deficit, desserts like this one are more than welcome to be squeezed in my cooking-baking schedule. So, this sunny day inspired me to bake some chocolate creamed muffins... Surprise Muffins. This recipe I got from my old friend who moved away a long time ago... This was my way to remember the good stuff from the past. I am grateful for my recipe book which is full of forgotten and tasty recipes. 

It is very important that the eggs are used without dividing whites from yolks. Easier and quicker and doesn't make a difference in dough. This was the part that gave wind at my back to choose this great recipe.


Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
  • 10 tbsp of oil
  • 1 baking powder
  • 1 cup of yogurt
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 2 tbsp full of Hershey's chocolate spread
  • 2 tbsp of grinded cookies
Method
Mix the eggs with sugar and add all the other ingredients instead of the chocolate spread and grinded cookies. You will get a nice and creamy batter. Pour some into the pan and put a tsp of chocolate spread mixed with grinded cookies... Now pour some more batter to cover the spread. Put it in the oven and bake on 400 F degrees for 25 minutes.


Decorate the muffins with melted chocolate spread or power sugar or as you wish. 

I have left a few without the batter coating and they came out pretty good. So, I recommend it too.