Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cheesy Pillow Buns


I felt sleepy all day long. The pillow was my dearest friend, just because I haven't slept at night well. So, I connected nice and soft with my feelings and got these little pillows for dinner. Everyone was delighted and the buns were gone in a few minutes... But my sleepiness followed me all through the night and left me just before morning. That was a hell of a sleepy day :-) 

Ingredients for the dough

  • 1 cup of warm milk
  • 1 cup of warm water
  • 1 tbsp of yeast
  • 5 tbsp of sugar
  • 2 tsp of salt
  • 1 cup of sunflower oil
  • 5 cups of flour
Method
Make a nice dough out of the ingredients and leave it to double itself for a half an hour. Roll it out on the working surface and cream the half of it with a tbsp of soft butter and fold it in half. Roll the dough once again and cream it once more with butter and fold it in half. Roll the dough out in a square shape and cut rectangle shapes. In one side of the rectangle put cottage cheese and a piece of Cheddar or Gouda cheese, fold it in half and stick the dough to make sure that the cheese stays in during baking. 


Put the pillows into the baking pan covered with baking paper and cream them with egg yolk. I have sprinkled them with salt and sesame seeds. Leave the pillows for a few minutes more to rest until you preheat the oven on 400 F degrees. Bake them until they get a nice color.