Friday, August 22, 2014

Simple Jelly Roll Cake


I have made a complicated and delicious lunch and my energy has gone with the wind :-) I couldn't leave this kind of lunch without dessert. Imagine those faces of my family if they heard the bad news :-( So, I took some effort from my sleeve and put a smile on my face to make magic in a short time.



Ingredients for the cake

  • 6 eggs
  • 6 table spoons of sugar
  • 6 table spoons of flour
  • 2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tbsp of oil
  • 1 tbsp of bread crumbs




Method
Mix the 6 egg yolks with sugar and add flour, baking powder, bread crumbs and oil. Mix the egg whites separately and add them slowly to the egg yolks mixture stirring it with a wooden spoon. Poor it into the baking pan covered with baking paper and bake it in a preheated oven on 400 F degrees until it gets nice color.

When the cake is baked, roll it in the wet cloth along with the baking paper and leave it to cool in that shape. Take off the cloth and the baking paper and roll out the cake just to be able to cream some jelly on it. Roll in the cake again and top it with chocolate glaze or chocolate ganache