Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No bake Pecan Bars



So many words can be said for this sweet dessert and I don't know where to start. Sweet, creamy, fast, delicious, small bites, chocolaty...Oh, in one word perfect :-) Every cake with pecans is appetizing in a special way. Pecans can bring excitement in you and with all those vitamins and minerals is on the top of ingredients list that I like to use in my kitchen. Somehow, when I prepare something without this gorgeous nut I get the feeling of emptiness in a cake or dessert and I ask myself what it would be like enriched with chopped or milled pecans.


Ingredients for the no bake crust

  • 1 cup of butter
  • 1 cup od powder sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla essence
  • 2 tablespoons of Nutella
  • 2 cups of milled cookies
  • 1 fist full of pecans - milled or chopped
  • a little milk if it is needed
Method
Stir all of the ingredients and make a crust on a plate in the shape that you like the most. Just squeeze down the cookie dough with gloves.



Ingredients for the cream

  • 2 cups of whipped cream
  • 2 tbsp of Nutella
  • 1/2 cup of melted chocolate
  • 1 cup of chopped pecans for decoration
Method
Make a creamy topping for these bars, cream them and sprinkle with a lot of chopped pecans. It's never too much of pecans!