Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How Muffins turn into Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache




I had to bake some chocolate muffins just to be sure I haven't forgot the recipe. I had a little time and all of the ingredients so the 50% of the muffins was done :-). I have rolled up my sleeves and began to measure the ingredients. I love this very much. Just making cakes and everything that is sweet brings up my serotonin...so, I don't really need a chocolate :-)


Ingredients

  • 5 tbsp of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 2 tbsp of cacao
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 1 big chocolate bar
  • chocolate crumbs for decoration

Method
Mix the egg with sugar, add butter (room temperature), vanilla extract, milk, cacao, flour and baking powder. Cut half of the chocolate into tiny pieces and mix all together. Put the mixture into paper cups by table spoon to be more than half full.


Sprinkle the chocolate crumbs onto every row muffin and bake for 15 minutes in the hot oven. Watch out, do not sprinkle the chocolate crumbs on the pan in order to avoid melting and burning chocolate on the pan.



This is how the muffins look like when they come out of the hot oven. These sweet treats are very easy to make and do not require a lot of time or skills. I'm so glad that I have made them. But, there was a little problem...my sweetheart doesn't like cake without any cream or ganache so I had to do something to make him happy.


I have cut out the middle of the muffin with the knife, slowly just to take out the cap in one piece. Off course, the muffin has to be cold, because it would be crumbing all over and the cap wouldn't stay in one piece.


Oh, look there is the ganache pouring out of the spoon into the hole in muffin. Slowly, the muffin is turning into a cupcake with chocolate ganache :-). "This is more like it!" - said my dear.



A lot of ganache is what he asked for. It was no problem for me. I have made the ganache out of the other half of the chocolate I have prepared. In a few minutes all muffins were turned into cupcakes.


I have put back the cap of the muffin and poured more ganache on it and sprinkled with more chocolate crumbs.
Very nice cupcakes I made! Everybody said that I saved muffins with this awesome ganache.


Well, I was going to take another picture of the cake and somebody wasn't patient enough. That was my sweet son. The ganache was so shiny and he loves chocolate very much...a few minutes later the cake was gone :-)