Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Strawberry Filling


I had an idea for making a delicious strawberry filling cake, but first the filling had to be made. It's nothing spectacular, just an ordinary fruit filling. I don't like to buy it in a store, because homemade is always the best! Fresh, nice and domestic strawberries were there on my table. Why wouldn't I make my own strawberry filling?


Ingredients

  • 2 cups of hulled strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 tbsp of cornstarch
Method
Cut the strawberries in 4 - that is what I call coarsely chopped, and put them in a bowl with sugar. I added some water to save (as much as possible) the shape of the strawberries. Let the strawberries boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in a little bit of water and add to boiling strawberries. Cook until the filling gets thick. It's easy and just like a pudding...but the strawberry chunks makes it so different.